What is Involved?
- Colon Hydrotherapy (also known as Colonic Irrigation) is a gentle, relaxing treatment carried out by a qualified RICTAT Colon Hydrotherapist in a clean and sanitary environment.
- Water heated to room temperature is gently passed through your colon (large intestine) over a period of 35-40 minutes via a small plastic disposable speculum which has been lubricated and inserted into your rectum by your therapist.
- The pressure of the flow of water is controlled at all times. There will be times during your treatment when your entire colon may be filled with water which is then released.
- The release of the water stimulates the natural muscle movement (peristalsis) of the colon. This allows the water to be expelled into an enclosed tube along with toxins, faecal matter and gases.
- In many cases the gentle introduction of water and abdominal massage carried out by your therapist can stimulate the nerve and muscle actions of the colon and help it return to normal function